Friday 15 June 2012

Raja promises 'tell-all book' after release


Former communications minister A. Raja on Friday said that once he is acquitted he would come out with a book that would lead to someone’s prosecution.
Mr Raja, who hasn’t moved for bail after being arrested for alleged involvement in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, said he was aiming at acquittal, not just temporary freedom.
“I will move for bail after my leader (pointing towards Kani-mozhi) gets it. I am aiming at acquittal. I am reading, re-reading the chargesheets and statements of the prosecution witnesses,” he said during an informal chat with reporters.
Asked whether he is writing a book in Tihar jail, he nodded and said, “You will have lots of surprises when I am acquitted. My book will lead to someone’s prosecution.”
Mr Raja said he has been reading a lot in prison. “I have almost completed 40-50 books in jail. In fact there is a cell for me where I read all the chargesheets, bound well and kept systematically,” he said.
He is currently reading Sources of Indian Tradition and has just finished Rajiv Malhotra’s Breaking India.
He said being in jail has given him a lot of time to think and that he has been doing a lot of soul-searching..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...